Everyone wants to achieve peace of mind. Dealing with the pushing and pulling of our every day lives can leave you feeling drained and even lead to built up anger or depression. As a collective, I believe it’s important for all of us to heal and have peace within ourselves and radiate that peace outwards. With that being said, let’s get into the 5 ways to naturally reduce stress!
1) Nature. Being in nature, is one of the best ways to reduce stress. Studies show that people who spend time in nature, naturally reduce their blood pressure and muscle tension. Go for a walk or hike along a nature trail and listen to the sounds of the birds. Go to the beach and feel the sand in between your toes and watch the waves of the ocean. Go on a kayaking trip and just immerse yourself in the peace of Mother Nature. She won’t let you down.
2) Meditation. Meditation is one of my favorite ways to reduce stress. Being able to relax your mind and completely tune out from the bombardment of the every day hustle is essential to maintain peace of mind. Meditation is a technique that uses mindfulness, and an internal awareness in order to create a sense of calmness within your being. There are different types of meditation. There are guided meditations, where you practice visualization by bringing your awareness to different places and being able to relax and release any tension. You can also meditate to specific music whether it be native flute, binaural beats, Tibetan bowls, etc. Or if neither of those interest you, there is always sweet silence.
3) Sleep. Getting a good nights rest is essential in life. Not getting enough sleep can make you unproductive throughout the day by shortening your attention span, making you sluggish, unmotivated and put a strain on your body as a whole. Your body resets and heals during your sleep cycle so it’s important to get consistent rest.
4) Tea. Having a cup of tea is an amazing way to help reduce stress. Certain herbs that act as nervines, naturally reduce stress and anxiety. Herbs such as lemon balm, lavender, chamomile, skullcap and valerian root are perfect for reducing stress.
5) Exercise is another great way to reduce stress! There are many different ways to exercise, including yoga, weight lifting, cross fit, etc. It’s always good to sweat and stretch! It creates a boost of neurotransmitters in the brain called endorphins. An increase in endorphins creates an improved mood!